Friday, June 20, 2008

Out In The Country!

Earlier this week we were able to go and visit some family, the Evans',  in So. Kentucky.  It was beautiful, fun and so relaxing.  The Evans' live in the country and have cows and chickens and this lovely pond that you can fish in.  Thank you Evans family for letting us come and stay!




Ella just loves dogs, or pup-pups, as she calls them.  This is Roy.  Ella and Roy were the best of friends.  At least that's what Ella thought.  Roy was such a good dog to put up with all of Ella's grabbing and poking!  (Travis, this picture is for you- another shot of Brad's legs!)


Brad spent most of his time at the pond trying to catch fish with no luck!  He had many bites, but no catches.  The highlight of his fishing experience was when "big granddaddy" (an old, big fish they weren't sure was still alive)  took a nibble.  He said it sounded like a teenager had jumped in the pond and splashed around.  Sounds like a fish-tale to me!  (Aren't the clouds in this picture awesome!  So pretty :)



While exploring, we found the cutest frog I have ever seen!  It was so tiny, I don't know how Brad spotted it!.  Ella liked to look at it, but was a little unsure about holding it!  It's really hard to see in this picture, but it is in the palm of Brad's hand!

Here's a close up.  How cute is that!

This is Ella about ready to squish our new little friend.  She doesn't realize her own strength yet! Don't worry, we saved him from his death!


8 comments:

The Allen Family said...

Ella is darling! You guys get to enjoy so many fun adventures! A frog, some popsicles, some pool, some farm! Sheesh! Cute posts! (Finally!) :)

Dickson Family said...

I love country pictures. they remind me of where jon and i are from in washington. so pretty. ella is a true model. what a cute family you have...ive noticed no pictures of you though...hahaha, my blog is like that too.

The Haggerty Family said...

Meg, your pics of Ella are always SO cute! I cannot wait to see you guys! The reunion will be so fun. Mailing are out! YEAH!!!!

The Robinson's said...

The country pictures are great! It makes me want to come out there, it looks so peaceful:) Sounds like you guys are having a great summer. I am excited to see ya, its been a while! What are the dates you guys are going to be in UT?

Travis and Jamie said...

OH THE GREEN!! It so is NOT green here. I really miss that, sitting outside in the evening when it is cool and the grass is soft, not dry and cruchy. Noticed that Brad is "bald" again1 :) Ella looks so tan and big.
So Missing you guys!!!

Travis and Jamie said...

Thanks for adding a nice picture of Brads legs again.

brandy said...

I know I'm WAY behind, but I LOVE that second picture! I believe it's frame worthy :)

Heather Mills said...

You guys make good "country folk." Looks like lots of fun!