Since we get quite a bit of rain here in KY, there are many days spent stuck inside with nothing to do. Last week we had one of those days. It had been raining all day and by the end of the day I was dying to get outside! We decided that we would take a walk to go and get the mail. On our way home we ran into the Missionaries (from the LDS church) who live in the building across from us and started to chat. During our visit I noticed a light flicker by some bushes. I was so excited when I realized that it was a firefly! We decided that we would go home and get a jar and catch as many fireflies as we possibly could! It was so refreshing to be outside together as a family enjoying the beautiful evening.
Brad, Ella and I setting off for our firefly adventure!
An action shot of me catching a firefly
Ella even joined in the search. She was so excited to be able to run around outside on her own. She looks so tiny in this big empty parking lot!
This is our jar that we used. Aren't these little bugs funny looking? You would never guess that their behinds light up!
It was so cute to see how excited Ella got when we would catch a bug!
This picture just cracks me up. This is Brad and his mom Sharon having a very serious discussion about the scientific components of a firefly and what really makes them light up
Ok, so I was just trying to get a picture of Ella and I together during our adventure. I didn't realize that Brad was being sneaky and trying to make it into our picture. But what's really funny is that all night I had been trying to get a picture of a firefly lit up. I had no idea how difficult it would turn out to be!! Needless to say, I never got a picture. Or at least I thought I never got a picture. When I put all the pictures that I had taken onto our computer I was so excited when I saw this one. If you look to the left of Brad's head you will notice one little speck of light. It's a firefly! I thought it was a little ironic that I got a picture of a firefly when I wasn't even trying...




7 comments:
Oh yea the Fireflies... Those are so fun to watch. Kentucky Summer Oh how fun!!!
thanks so much for dinner the other night! It was wonderful, and we really appreciated the welcome.
I have ALWAYS wanted to catch a firefly. How cool is it that you can find them right outside your house!
Are you guys coming to Utah this summer? We'd love to see you!
Megan, your blog is super cute and Ella is a cutie. Looks like you had fun hunting fireflies
What a super cute post! I loved everything about it. I love firflies too. Aren't they just so cool? The first summer here, we were at the Evan's apartment and Natalie (I think, or maybe it was Jarrel) smashed one. Did you know the chemicals in their bums stay glowing when you smoosh them?
You have too much fun, Meg. Bring some bugs here to Utah. I'm so excited to see you.
Oh your post makes me kinda sad. I SO miss fireflies!! I was so excited when we moved there and saw fireflies, I had been missing them from Texas.
OK, I SO LOVE your Hair!! It looks so good, it makes me want to highlight mine again.
Miss you guys!!
Post a Comment