Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Another Snow Day

I slept HORRIBLY last night because I kept waking up to big loud crashing noises.  I looked outside to see what was going on and saw that tree branches were starting to brake and fall off the trees!  The ice added a lot of weight to all the tree branches and then we got more snow on top of all the ice.  The tree limbs just couldn't handle all the added weight.  And for those of you who live out here know how many trees there are everywhere.  So, this morning we went out to investigate all the damage.  Here are some pictures of what we found...


Both of the trees above were ones that I heard brake and fall last night.  They are both right outside our bedroom window.  

This tree  was a few feet down from those other two pictures.  It is a huge tree and a big portion of it broke off.  

And this is what is under that huge tree that fell.  It's one of our neighbors SUV.  You can barely see it hidden under there!  Crazy

I just thought this little tree looked pretty.  It has little frozen berries on it!

Someone made this little snowman.  It was only like 2 feet tall.  Don't you just love the little frozen branches used for the arms...

7 comments:

Travis and Jamie said...

I so don't miss the ice storms!! We never had one while in Kentucky, but we used to get them in Dallas. I'd take snow any day over ice.

Laurel said...

Lovely ice storms. We have gotten stuck in a lot of them. They do so much damage, but they kind of look cool right?

Heather Mills said...

AHHH! It is so pretty but DEADLY! haha

Mike and Kimmy said...

You got some good pics. I love the little frozen arms on the snowman. Groovin' music on your blog too! I'm at home rockin' out. You know it!

Mike and Kimmy said...

By the way, I love, love, love your family pics! That's lots o' love.

Megan said...

Those Pictures are awesome. At first I saw your neighbors car under the tree. I was glad to read that it really wasn't. I love your family pics too.

The Meyers said...

Wow good pics! That storm was crazy! I kept hearing branches break too. Scary.