Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Bus Is On Fire!!

So, funny story.  On Tuesdays I get out of school late so Brad goes and picks Ella up from the babysitters and I ride the bus home.  I don't mind riding the bus and it's usually no big deal and uneventful.  Today however was a different story. 

 It had been drizzling pretty much all day and I had to wait a long time for the bus to come.  It was terrifying from the start.  I get on and the driver is having problems getting the bus to go.  It wouldn't accelerate but after a while we were able to get on the freeway.  She was a Craaazy driver, and what is that?...a burning rubber smell, great!  

We made it, who knows how, on and off the freeway when all the sudden we hear some sort of explosion coming from the bus.  Me and my bus mates thought it was a tire.  But, oh no, the honking motorist yelling out the window of her car informed us that the explosion came from UNDER the bus and it had started a FIRE.  That's right a fire, we are talking like actual flames engulfing the bus.  I really didn't think that the fire trucks were going to get there before the bus exploded.  Basically, I could have died.  Ok, not really but it was quite eventful.  

All the people around me on the bus were laughing because I was already on edge and when I heard the explosion I hurried and called Brad and said I was getting off on the first stop and asked if he could come and get me.  Little did everyone know that we would ALL have to get off the bus!  I sure wish that I had my camera with me, but I didn't so you will have to use your imagination!

5 comments:

::David and Erin:: said...

Ha ha ha! I'm glad you're not dead. This is so random!

Laurel said...

Fun day. Those are the events that make days go quickly. Glad you're okay. That's a funny story.

Travis and Jamie said...

YIKES!! What caused the fire?? Glad you didn't die either. :)

Heather Mills said...

I have had some eventful days on the bus but that story definitely wins! I'm glad you are ok!

Mike and Kimmy said...

I'm so glad you are safe! Was that the day after you worked on me? WE totally should have given you a ride home!!!