Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trick or Treat, Smell my Feet

I love the fall season!  The leaves are gorgeous, the air is crisp, and of course we get to go around to peoples homes and get candy just by saying "trick or treat."  It's fantastic!  This year was Ella's first experience trick-or-treating and she loved it!  It took her a while to get the hang of it, but after a few houses she was pointing to her "peet" (pink) princess dress, saying "trick-or-treat", "thank you" and "bye-bye" to anyone who handed her candy!  Needless to say, she was having the time of her life.  I was about to have a nervous breakdown watching her ingest so much sugar, but she was just so stinking cute and excited that I just let her have whatever she wanted.  That's what Halloween is for isn't it?

Our weekend started off with a party at Ella's school.  Brad and I were able to come and spend a couple of hours with Ella.  We got there a little early and were so impressed at how well the kids behave there!  They were just getting up from their naps and they all just sat there and waited as the teachers went around to all of them and changed their diapers.  Then when it was time, they all walked over to the table and sat down and enjoyed the yummy snacks that all the parents brought (we brought grapes and I don't think any of the kids touched them!  I guess grapes just can't compete with cookies and fruit snacks, oh well).  It was so cute to see them all sitting in their little chairs and eating so good!  Here's a few pics: 

Ella was So ExcIteD to see all the goodies on her plate for snack time!



All the kiddos being so well behaved sitting in their cute little seats!


Next, everyone got into their costumes and went trick-or-treating around the school.  They made little baggies for them and we made a loop around all the classrooms.

Princess Ella receiving her crown!

Trick-or-Treating


These are Ella's teachers Ms. Tristan and Ms. Megan.  Ella LoVed her teachers and they adored her.  It's hard for me to drop her off each day, but these girls made it so much easier!  This was Ella's last day at her school and we are sure going to miss it there!  If you ever need a great place to take your kids for daycare or preschool check out Providence!

Next are just a few pictures from a fun Halloween party that we went to on Saturday.  The Estrada's threw an awesome party with delicious food and amazing decorations.  It was so fun to be with good friends and enjoy the beautiful evening!

Since we are kind of party poopers we weren't going to dress up, but at the last minute we decided that we would be a family of kitty-cats.  Creative, I know :)  

Ella loves "cat-kitties" (that's what she calls the stray that lives by our apartment) and was so excited to pretend to be one.  She would lick her hand and say "neow neow".  Too cute.

Oh, Tessa and Ella.  These two are so funny together.  They had a blast running around!

You could definitely tell that all the sugar from the past couple of days had really begun to kick in.  These girls were dancing like crazy to the music that was playing at the party.  Ella would get so dizzy from running around in circles she could hardly stay on her feet.  I was really starting to wonder if someone had spiked the punch!  She had so much fun and was sad to leave!

5 comments:

Cowan Family said...

It sounds like it was a party! Ella looks adorable. If you really wanted to dress up I would have gladly sent you my mermaid costume. Call me next time you need a sexy costume!

Nachelle said...

Ella makes a cute princess! Sounds like a lot of fun.

The Robinson's said...

Ella is getting so big and is as cute as ever! I love Halloween especially all the fun little costumes. Ella made a cute Princess:) Love it!

The Kartchners said...

princess Ella is adorable! I gave her cousin Aubrey a kindergarten test and she told me Ella was her best friend! We miss you guys!

Travis and Jamie said...

I tagged you!!