Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Lately.....

Since it seems like I have been out of touch with everyone the past couple of weeks, I thought I would post about what has been going on with the Wyatt's lately!

First, we survived the windstorm that Hurricane Ike sent our way!  A week ago from Sunday the wind was blowing when we left for church in the morning and by the time we left it was blowing like crazy!  We got home and around 2pm our power went out.  We thought, "oh it will be back on later tonight."  Nope!  Not us anyway.  We didn't get power back until Friday evening!  And one of my teachers at school still doesn't have any power.  I can't complain too much because we were totally taken care of by our amazing friends.  We were well fed and even had many offers from friends to let us use their warm showers and do our laundry at their house.  Thank you everyone! I would have not been able to make it through the week sane if we didn't have so much help.

Let's see, what else.  Oh, Brad and I ran a 5k last Tuesday.  Of course I hadn't done any running leading up to the race so I didn't do good or anything, but it was fun.  The course was great and it is a race that I will definitely do again.  

School is going.....well it's going, we'll just leave it at that!  I really do like the program.  It really keeps me busy.  We've had a ton of tests lately and I just finished my third and final test for the week today (we had three tests and a quiz) .   And I only have one test and one quiz next week so I feel sooo relieved!  I feel like I've just made it through finals week, but really it's not even midterm!  Anyway, I'm just glad this week of testing is over!

This is just a picture I had of Brad and Ella just lounging around.  Too cute!

3 comments:

The Marchant Family: said...

Aww! What a cute pair. We're glad to hear you guys are still alive after the hurricane. Hang in there with school, it'll be worth it. We know how you feel! Kevin's just sitting her on the couch looking like his brain is overflowing because he just can't cram anymore studying in! We miss you guys!

Ryan and Ashley said...

Man--can you get any cuter?!?! How is Ella always so cute!?

Beau and Jamie said...

So cute MEG! I really like your black dress, super cute! I'm totally up to come visit...I'll save up some money and come out! and I need my teeth cleaned so it'll be awesome! :)