Sunday, January 31, 2010

Christmas.

We spent Christmas this year right here in good 'ole KY. Although we missed our families, it was so nice to relax and be in our very own home on Christmas morning. Ella was really into the Christmas season this year. She had to be told the story of when baby Jesus was born every night before she went to bed the whole month of December. She was very specific in asking Santa for a "real baby, a big ball, and a candy cane." Seeing how excited Ella was for Christmas made me remember what it was like to be a kid again. It was so fun!
Ella and Santa. They haven't had a very good relationship in past years, but this year was the beginning of a beautiful friendship. She now fully understands that Santa=presents and it brings a smile to her face!

Our Christmas tree. Shepherds, this one goes out to you. This is the tree you gave us before you moved. It's gotten some good use out of it and we love it. It's the perfect size for our tiny apartment!

Candy Cane cookies for Santa. My first attempt making sugar cookies from scratch. They didn't taste half bad and they turned out super cute.

Reading the Christmas story from the Scriptures.

Christmas PJ's! My favorite part of the night was when I was trying to get this picture. Ella wouldn't hold still long enough for me to get a shot. Our conversation: Me: "Ella, stop jumping so I can take your picture." Ella (while still jumping): "I can't! I'm too excited!!!" Priceless.

Cookies and milk for Santa. Carrots for the reindeer.


Note for Santa


Christmas morning. Oh how she loves Tink.

The aftermath. I forgot to charge my camera batteries and ran out of battery when I needed my camera the most. Go figure.

No comments: