My parents flew out for a little visit for the first time! It was so good to see them and I was so excited to show them the place we have called home for the past two years (I can't believe we've lived here for two years already)!! We did a whole lot of stuff that we have never done before so it felt like we were on a mini vacation in our own city! It was a blast and they spoiled us rotten. Ella loved having her grandma and grandpa here and was sad when she woke up from her nap and realized they were gone! Here are some pics of some of the things we did.
THE ZOO
Ella and Grandma on the baby elephant
The lions were out and about which is totally unusual. They usually just lay there and stare at the giraffes next door.
Grandma and Grandpa on the train ride.
Ella being her cute and silly self
The four of us in front of the zoo sign after a fun day seeing all the animals
CHURCHILL DOWNS
This was one of the things we did with my parents that Brad and I have never done before. Because Brad was graduating his class had a day at the downs. I have to say it was pretty fun to watch the horses race. Even though we didn't bet anything it was pretty exciting watching the horses race to the finish line!
Barbaro's statue in front of Churchill Downs
Grandpa and Grandma in front of the race track and infield
The guy in the red came out and blew his little horn before every race
Brad had tickets to the Presidents Box and was able to get some extra ones so we could enjoy the view from the top. I must say, I could get used to that kind of lifestyle. It was so nice up there and it was catered too so there was food and delicious cake and all the diet Pepsi I could ever want. Let me tell you, it was fabulous!
View of the horses rounding the corner from the top
Ella and Grandma cuddling in between races. Silly Ella, she was being camera shy.
The racing horses exercise in this little area before their races and you can go and watch them. Ella loved it and she made herself comfortable in between these two random men.
LOUISVILLE SLUGGER BAT MUSEUM
Me, Ella and my parents in front of the Slugger Museum
My dad and Brad trying to see what the Babe is looking at
Checking out the game used bats. They let you hold them but you have to wear gloves before you can touch them.
Ella holding Mickey Mantles game used bat
My dad holding Mickey Mantles game used bat
My parents, Ella and I sitting on the stone mitt in the museum. The artist who made this mitt is one of the mom's that I used to nanny for. She is really talented.
Ella playing t-ball in the kids play area. I see baseball in her future!




2 comments:
you guys have been having so much fun! I bet it was so much fun to have your parents visit! And that little Ella is so cute with such pretty long hair! We hope we get to see you this summer!
It's so fun to see your parents!! That had to be fun to finally have them out your way! I think we have been to that bat museum before!
Post a Comment