Saturday, May 16, 2009

Belated Derby Day

Well folks, derby has come and gone again here in KY.  I'm a few weeks late in posting but I wanted to make sure I did post so I would remember all the fun we had!  

In celebration for derby Ella made a hat at school.  She looks very dashing in it I think!

Derby hat close up.  They took newspaper and let them paint it any color they wanted.  I thought it was pretty crafty. 

The Evans put on a great party this year.  The food was awesome and the company was great!  Pictured are Laura and Harrison Cluff, Heather Cloward,  Brian Evans, Daphne and Matt Parker, and Sarah and Andrew Steele.

Out back Brad kept the kiddos busy playing games on the trampoline.  They loved it! (He had a priesthood meeting that he had to go to right before the party, hence the shirt and tie)

The kids also loved dog-piling on Brad!  You can barely see the top of his head and one of his arms :)

I just took pictures of the TV while the race was going to try to capture the excitement.  Here is the take off.

And here is the mud covered winner.  He had like 4 pairs of mud plastered goggles hanging around his neck by the time he finished.  He was totally an underdog and he won.  Pretty exciting.



Video clip of the finale.  If you listen closely you can hear someone yell, "who  is that!"  Nobody had any idea who it was!

1 comment:

::David and Erin:: said...

Ella looks SO different than the last time we saw her. She is so big! She's really starting to look so much like both of you. I wish we could celebrate derby with you! It looks like fun.