Saturday, February 21, 2009

A little of this, A little of that

We've had a busy couple of weeks but nothing as exciting as the bus fire has happened!  School for all three of us has been going great.  Brad is keeping busy with his Young Men's calling and is still working hard in school with all sorts of group projects.  He graduates in May, he's worked really hard in his program and I'm really proud of how well he's done!  Ella is really enjoying going to her "school" as well.  It was kind of a rough adjustment for her when we switched her day-cares, but she seems to really like it there and is always so happy when we come to pick her up.  She is learning so much everyday and it blows me away with how easily she can pick up on things.  She is really starting to talk more and more!  It's so fun to be able to some-what carry on a conversation with her (it still requires quite a bit of translating on my part and repeating words on her part).  School is going great for me also.  This semester is a lot more relaxed than last semester and we have started seeing some patients!  It's very exciting.  Anyway, here are some pictures....  (p.s. I didn't realize how long this post was until I was finished, so I apologize in advance)
 


The other day I only had to go to school until noon and so I was able to pick up Ella early.  Unfortunately she was NOT in the best of moods.  We call her Ella the grouch on days like this one.  She wouldn't lay down for a nap and even though I had a paper and a test due the next day, nothing compares to cuddling on the couch with your baby!  So that's just what we did...cuddled

The next few pictures are just of Ella being silly.  She has so much personality and makes me laugh all day long with her silliness. She also has a ridiculous amount of attitude but can get out of any sort of trouble with a smile and laugh.  How do kids learn how to be so manipulative with their charm...

Ella being silly while eating her favorite snack, applesauce.


Ella climbing in our pantry closet probably looking for some sort of treat.  Notice her "I'm busted" face!


I sent Ella in to get me a diaper so I could change her.  She was taking a long time and I could hear her talking to herself so I decided I should go and check on her.  She had found her diapers but instead of bringing one to me she decided to climb into the drawer that held them.  I guess she thought that it was the perfect seat. 



Brad and I went out for the first time together on Valentine's Day.  Ever since we started dating and since we've been married we've never been able to go out together on V-day so we decided this was the year.  Papa Murphy's makes heart shaped pepperoni pizzas (shown above) and we ate that for dinner.   We got one of the Young Women in our ward to watch Ella and went out to a movie--Confessions of a Shopaholic.  I loved it!  Sooo my type of movie! 


Ella got an awesome art kit from Grandma Jan and Grandpa for Valentines day.  She loves to color and was very excited to see all the markers and crayons.  She's giving her best "cheeeese" face for this picture!



From Grandma Sharon Ella got a Leap Frog fridge alphabet.  I thought it was going to run out of batteries on the first day--she played the alphabet non-stop!  This has been the best toy for her.  Before we got this Ella probably could identify maybe 4-5 letters.  We've had it for a week and the other night she knew every single letter!  We were so surprised.  We knew she was learning them but had no idea she knew all of them.  It's funny because she still can't sing the song but she is getting better at it!

6 comments:

::David and Erin:: said...

That pizza is the weakest heart shape I've seen, but it sure does look yummy! Ella is getting so big. She is so cute and smart.

The Marchant Family: said...

Wow, Ella is getting so grown up! She's adorable, and looks like the perfect mixture of you and Brad...except for the dark hair, where did that come from? Miss you!

Laurel said...

That thing will never run out of batteries. Sydney still pushes that button a million times a day. It is fun to see how quickly they learn though. Glad you had a fun Valentine's Day.

The Kartchners said...

Ella is adorable and she makes me laugh with all the silly things she does! I'm glad you got to go out for Valentine's day!

Heather Mills said...

I just love that little gal! She is getting so grown up! What a smarty pants!

The Haggerty Family said...

Meg you had an art kit in 3rd grade in Mrs. Ipsons. I still remember being jealous of you!!! Glad grandma Jan could carry on tradition. Ella is so cute. Loved the ABC video! I really need to call you...