Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Park

Last Friday, after we picked Ella up from school (where she got bit again for the third time, but that's a whole other story......sigh), we decided it would be fun to go to the park.  Ella has recently discovered that she is a big girl now and loves playing on the toys and going down the slides all by herself.  I'll admit that it makes going to the park a lot more fun for all of us since now she can play on the toys by herself and I'm not AS worried about her falling and breaking her neck as I have been in the past.  Anyway, she really loves it and we have been trying to take advantage of the nice and cool weather while we can. 

This is Ella checking out the slide deciding if she was going to go down it or not

Still deciding....

Noticing an airplane that flew by (a stalling tactic she's picked up and uses frequently)

Saying "hi" to the "eh-pane" ---as she calls it

Checking it out one more time

Finally going down the slide!  She actually didn't mean to but ended up slipping down before she could climb back up after she sat down.

SPRINTING (she's surprisingly fast, even in her crocks) to the stairs to do it again!

Lounging with Dad at the playground.  She looks so cool, don't you think ;)


This is some video of Ella going down the Big Kid slides.  Her little jogging suit allowed her to pick up some speed going down the slide.  I think it surprised her a little bit, but she had a blast!  Enjoy





9 comments:

Travis and Jamie said...

Have I been gone that long already? She is such a big girl!!

The Kartchners said...

What a cute little girl and loads of fun!

Tiffany said...

She is so cute! I wish you let me watch her more!

The Haggerty Family said...

Baby Ella is Crazy Ella! She's not afraid of anything. Too bad we can't go to the park together... I miss ya, Meg!

Cowan Family said...

Hello!! I thought you were lost in blogging world. Halle loved looking at pictures of Ella. It will be fun to get them together soon!

The Marchant Family: said...

So fun! I wish you lived here so we could take Kass and Ella to the park at Sunset Ridge. I'm glad you're having fun though. Kevin wants me to ask Brad if he had to take the GRE test to get into his master's program? Kevin's trying to prepare a backup in case he doesn't get into pharm school this year :)

Beau and Jamie said...

I can't believe Ella is getting so old! One month away from another year older! I am for sure going to see you in December!

Laurel said...

She has so much hair. You'll still get scared about her breaking her neck, but it is a lot easier going to the park when they can do things themselves.

Mike and Kimmy said...

Ella is so adorable! She is so sweet! Yes, I think she looks totally cool on that slide! :) Let's play some games some time!