I feel as though I am being verbally abused by my three year old daughter. Where did all her attitude come from??? Three's are definitely more terrible than two's. Anyway, the other day I was trying to get Ella to hurry and get dressed, we were running late as usual. Apparently she didn't like my tone and told me, "It makes me feel really bad when you talk to me that way. It makes Heavenly Father so sad when you talk to me that way."
Later that day I was trying to help her put on one of her new headbands she got for her birthday. I guess she was annoyed with me trying to help. She said, "Mom please just leave me alone. Just go do the dishes please." So rude.
Then, just yesterday we got home from a long day from school and she told me, "Mom you need to go take a shower." My self esteem is at an all time low.
Anybody else have this problem with their child(ren)??? Please Share...
...Birthday party pictures to come




6 comments:
Kassidy's favorite thing to do is stand next to me or Kevin and say, "You smell that stunk?" And then the other day we were at the library and Kassidy wanted me to sit at the tiny table with her and read. I told her I couldn't fit in the chairs because I was too big. So she proceeded to yell very loudly at the library, "Mom! Your bum's too big! Your bum's too big!" Gotta love em'!
Megan-- those remarks aren't nice but, she's hilarious! (in a mean way, of course). Once Matthew starts talking, I am sure the remarks will come. For now, just write them all down so you can let her read them once she's older.
OH Sister! This is just the beginning! Jacob and Trenton both used to tell me that things I did made Heavenly Father feel bad. That ofcourse hurt more than anything else since they are so much closer than I am. But...it will get better. She's just testing the water. Two's are for testing you physically, threes are for testing you emotionally. Just write the remarks down and talk about them and soon you'll find the humor in it all.
Get use to it. If I ask Dayler to do something, like eat his food. He tells me "Mommy you are not being very nice to me. You need to be nice." That was only the begining. He goes to time-out a lot for talking back.
I'm frequently told by Sydney that I am chubby. Maybe I am, still working on that baby fat, but it still hurts to hear. She is a little sass a frass. I think threes are worse than twos as well.
When we do something Cole doesn't like, he will say, "don't do that...it's the rules. I think it is hillarious! When he is 16 and says that, it won't be so funny anymore. You don't know me. I was friends with Brad and David at SUU. Merry Christmas.
Post a Comment