Every year before derby there is a big celebration called Thunder over Louisville. We didn't make it to the party last year because the weather was pretty crummy and we heard it is super crowed and crazy. This year though the weather was fabulous and we just couldn't pass it up. And since this is a free event we knew there were going to be a TON of people there, and let me tell you there was! During the day they have an air show and then at night they have a HUGE fireworks show. Everyone lines up along the Ohio River on the KY side and the Indiana side. The fireworks come from the bridge that goes over the river and from big boats out in the water. We met some friends and staked out for the big event. Even though Ella tried to run away when the fireworks first started, it was so much fun and worth fighting off the huge crowd!
Some of our group that we met up with. Even more showed up later on.
The bridge that the fireworks shoot out from.
Ella and Tiffany, one of the ladies that watches Ella for me during the week. Ella loves her and I couldn't go to school without her help!
Ella and Victoria, a friend from church
Fireworks! They have two different shows going at the same time. These are the ones that are up in the sky and.....
.....these are some coming from the bridge.
Here are some video clips. I finally understand why it is called Thunder over Louisville. My whole insides were shaking by the finale!




6 comments:
I'm so glad we got to hang out with you guys! Thunder was awesome! Good job with the video
That looks like a blast! I love your new profile picture, it looks like it was a little tricky not to fall off.
Man, I gotta post my pictures! It really was fun...we will have to do it again next year!
Your pictures of the fireworks look awesome! Too bad we were such bums and didn't go to Thunder. I love, love, love your picture up top! So adorable!
Now that sounds like a fun party and the fireworks look amazing! Wish Dave and I could come to that, maybe it's a little too far away. :)
Meg, You have the cutest family ever. zac and I have a blog now so horray!add us if you would like we would love to keep in touch with ya. engleswhomingle.blogspot.com
Love Zac and Kenz
Post a Comment