Over Spring Break this year we headed over to Hilton Head, South Carolina. We rented a beach house with three other families and had a blast! We did so many fun things and it was so sad to have the week come to an end. I took a million pictures and posted about 1/2 million!
The Beach
The beach was awesome! Ella loved the water, sand, the sea shells and the birds. She would sneak up on them and then scream as she ran toward them to scare them away. She loved picking up the sand and throwing it into the water and once she got used to it she loved splashing around in the ocean with her feet.
Ella and Dax digging in the sand
Chelsea, Janelle, and me catching some rays
Sea Pines. These trees are pretty cool. They are kind of like a mix of palm trees and pine trees...hence the name "sea pine"
Beach Bikes
We rented bikes for the week and cruised around everywhere on them. They were sooo much fun. And, my legs got an awesome workout! Every night we would take an evening bike ride on the beach. It was so peaceful and so beautiful.
Ella and Brad on our sweet beach bikes
Ella was just plain worn out by the end of the day and fell asleep on our bike ride.
Other Adventures
The boys: Jon and Dax Dickson, Hans and Austin Meyer, and Brad and Ella's baby on top of the lighthouse
The girls: Ella, me, Janelle, Dayna, and Chelsea on top of the lighthouse
We found a ton of jelly fish that had washed up on the shore. Ella wasn't too sure what to think about them. And Hans tried to kill me by flinging one in my direction with a stick! Silly Hans :)
Alligators and turtles hanging out on the lawn of some houses. It seemed like an odd match but they seemed to all be getting along nicely!
A picture of the bird poop that just happened to land on MY head. This is like the third time in my life that I have been pooped on by a bird. Seriously, something is wrong here!
Brad, Ella, Hans, Austin and myself obeying the sign
Ben and Brad cuddling up close while watching a little March Madness. Ahhh, what a cute couple.
During our vacation the boys got to spend a morning golfing and the girls got to go and get pedicures. It was my first one and I LOVED it! My toes are the ones on the right.
Just a clip of Ella enjoying the ocean water!




7 comments:
how fun! I wish I could play at the each too
Ohhh how I miss the ocean and finding crabs on the sand. I want to go back!
So FUN!! Xander loved the video of Ella and Brand. He was cracking up for some reason he found it funny.
Meg I haven't checked your blog in a while! Ella is so dang cute and getting so big. Looks like a fun little vaca:) Ps. your hair is looking so pretty- it makes me want miss my blonde. Hope all is well in KY! Oh and last night I went and saw Jame's ring and her dress is sooo pretty. anyway take care!
I am so jealous! I have been to Hilton Head a couple of times and it's still my favorite beach. This makes me want to go and find a beach!! What's up with that bird poop?!
Looks like you had a great time. I can't wait until we can go on nice vacation.
Cute pictures!
Post a Comment