Today turned out to be a really good day. To start off, I had the afternoon off and got to spend time with my little sweetheart. I love it when I get to be home with her! By 7:00 Brad and I had realized that Ella didn't need to have her nose wiped the whole afternoon. Not once! For those of you who have been around her the past year and a half know that her nose is CONSTANTLY running. And she can totally breath out of her nose also, which is something else I haven't seen her do in about a year. It was so awesome! I just sat there and stared at her while she was breathing. She had surgery on Wednesday and we can already see a MAJOR improvement. And to top off the day, Ella went on the "big girl" potty for the first time today! I was so amazed. I have been putting her on the potty when she asks to since December and she has never gone until tonight. She went number two and I think it surprised both of us. She started crying and I started yelling "yay, yay, yay!" Then she realized that something really exciting happened and we jumped around the bathroom yelling "poo poo in the potty!" It was a very exciting evening in our house!
Anyway, here is a preview of our trip to Hilton Head, SC over spring break that I will be posting about soon.




5 comments:
I am so glad the surgery went well, and you can already see improvements! I can't believe Ella is already getting potty trained. She's such a big girl. You should have seen Kira and Ella sitting together in the stroller. Ella was totally taking care of Kira and wrapping her arms around her like she was her little sis. It was adorable!
I guess that means I wont get a big snotty kiss again :-) Horray for my BFF Ella!
Good Job Ella, come teach Rose about the big girl potty!:)
Wow sounds like you had a very good day. The potty took Dayler a while to get down, so that is very exciting.
Hi Megan!!! I talked to Lyndsie last night, and she was giving me the update on everyone, and sent me your blog link. I've heard all about Ella, but oh man, she is stinkin' cute!! I'm glad the surgery is helping her! That is such a miracle. The fact that you have a 2-year old makes me feel so old! I just had a baby and he is two months old now. So fun! Do you like Louisville? Hope you are all doing great!!
Post a Comment